Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lola is 15 months!

Lola Bean, you are 15 months old!  Time sure has flown.  I love these posts because it is fun to look back at last year and see what you were doing.  This time last year you were crinkling up your little nose when you smiled, you do the same thing today...


So, what are you up to this month?:
  • You are still wearing 6-12 month clothes.  The other day I put you in an outfit and realized it was 6-9 month.  Today I just got rid of a couple of pants that you wore last week and realized they were 3-6 months.  They fit you perfect around the waist, but did look a bit like capris.  You seem to have a big belly, but you are really small.   Someone at Little Gym mentioned about how small you are compared to some of the other babies that are younger than you.  I don't notice how small you are because you seem to keep up with the other babies so well and you don't seem all that small to me.
  • You are wearing a size 3.5 shoe.  You have a foot that is a 3.5 and the other is a 3 (sizing up just a tad to give you room to grow), so it has been challenging to find shoes that fit both feet well.
  • You have moved off waffles.  At first you wanted cheese everyday and would point at the fridge and say "cheee".  Now you have started to go into the pantry and pull out crackers.  You also love cereal.  At this point you pretty much want what ever you see.  We went to Walmart this weekend and you screamed at all the food.  You wanted to eat everything.  You also throw a fit if you think someone is eating something different and you scream until we share.  
  • The pacifier is still something you seem to love.  I use it to put you down for the night.  You pull the blanket out of your crib and find a pacifier when you are starting to get tired.  Then, you want to crawl up in my lap and cuddle until you fall asleep.  You are such a cuddler.  You love to lay in my lap with a blanket and just let me hold you.
  • You are still not much of a talker.  You can say Momma and started to say it a ton this weekend. You also say "Dada".  You pointed at the iPad and would say "dada".  Daddy was in Brazil so you are used to seeing him on the screen and would point to it anytime you missed him.  You have said "Tait", "That", "Didi" (Dixi), "Chee"(cheese), "mo" (more), and others.  You say these very selectively and are just not that much of a talker.  though this weekend you have started babbling a bit more than normal.
  • You love to wave "bye-bye" and even say the words to everyone.  You wave when we leave places, wave at people walking by and I have even seen you wave to birds as they fly away.  You also blow kisses to lucky people who are leaving.  You are such a joy!
  • Books are your favorite thing this month.  You love for me to read to you and have me read the same book several times a day.
  • This month you did something I never thought I would have to face.  You pooped in the tub when you were taking a bath with your brother.  He was mortified.  He jumped three feet in the air to get out of the tub!  I don't think he will ever take a bath with you again (I can't blame him)
  • I have started the "1. 2. 3." counting when I want you to listen.  You are catching on faster than your brother did.  I never have to get to 3 and most of the time you come on 1.  I am glad you are listening to me when I tell you no, though you make it certain that you are not happy about it!  
Most of all, you are still such a sweet soul.  You are such a spunky little girl who does not perform on demand and you do things when and how you want to.  You don't allow anyone to convince you do to something unless you truly want to do it!  I hope you keep that independent spirit and become your own person. Because the person we see is a wonderful and sweet little girl who just likes to make others smile when they are around her.  

We love you Lola Bean!



Doing some Cheer Moves...




I guess you decided this photo shoot was over...


No comments:

Post a Comment