Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lola's 13 month and 14 month post

Well, it happened.  I skipped two months worth of posts.  I hate that I did this because these two months had so many new things happen!  I will try and write these down as best I can remember them.


  • We took you in a week ago and you weighed 19.5 lbs.  I am not sure where that is on the chart, but you are still my little girl.  You might have a belly, but you are still very short and petite.  
  • You are still wearing size 6-12 months and some 12 months clothes.  In fact, today you wore a shirt and skirt that was size 6-9 months.  Like I said, you are still quite small and the 6-9 month clothes are not tight or looking "too small" for you.  I have a ton of 18 month Fall clothes and wonder if those will be big when the weather changes.  Luckily, I don't think 12 month and 18 month are THAT different, so maybe they won't be too awful big when it gets time to wear them.
  •  At this age, your brother drank a sippy cup of milk first thing in the morning and another before bed.  You are just not that interested in milk.  You take a couple of drinks, but you prefer to fill your tummy with real food.  Your favorite food now is waffles.  Every morning you want me to make you a waffle and you eat it while you are walking around the house or into school.  Last night and tonight you started pointing at the toaster and yelling for me to get you a waffle for dessert.  
  • You are still addicted to the pacifier.  We have taken it away except for nighttime.  However, you are a terrible sleeper.  You just do not want to sleep alone in your room and it takes us hours to get you down at night sometimes.  I often wonder why you fight sleep so bad, but by now I think we are used to it.  I let you sleep with us sometimes, but you end up kicking me in the face and your dad and I are exhausted come morning time.
  • On your due date, June 20th, you started walking!!  It was so exciting and now you walk everywhere.  Every evening I pick you up from school and you walk to Brother's classroom to get him.  It takes us forever because you have to stop and look in every window to wave to kids and touch everything you see, but you are so happy to be exploring that I don't want to rush you or not let you explore.  I do pick you up when we get to Tait's room because there are too many small toys you are anxious to play with.  
  • Today you officially graduated physical therapy. The therapist said you are doing great and have come so far.  You still have a preference to so things with your right leg first, but she said that is normal since you have done it for so long.  You only do it when you try new things for the first few times and then will go with both sides.  She said this is probably because your right abs are stronger.  I am so happy that you have come so far and you are continuing to be a strong woman.
  • You still have 7 teeth.  Four on top and three on the bottom.  You have been teething pretty bad lately and gnawing on everything.  However, I have no idea what teeth are breaking through or when they will finally come.  I am ready for teething to be over with!
  • I usually fix your hair every morning before school and put it in a ponytail (Pebbles style) with a bow.  If I do this you often will leave your bow in the entire day.  Your hair is still so fine and silky that bows just slide out unless it can be secured with an elastic.  
  • The words you know now are:  momma (but you only say this if you are mad and I am not stopping what I do to pick you up.  You don't say it often because you have me wrapped around your little finger), dada, ball (ba), doll (da), go (you say this to Dixie when you want her to leave you alone, complete with your hand in her face), Tait (ta...you have only said this a couple of times), bubba (buh), that (dat) and more (mo).  You make sounds often but you don't say words all that much.  I am not quite sure when you will start talking more and not just making sounds and grunts to get what you want.  You do sound like you have a little accent already though!  
  • You love for us to read you books.  They mentioned all of the books you insist on them reading at day care and tonight you brought me your books and sat in my lap for me to read them.
  • You also LOVE music.  You shake side to side and sometimes put your fingers up in the air when you are dancing.  You have figured out how to play music on your toys and keep hitting the buttons to listen to song after song.  You are my musical little girl!
  • You love to carry around your little doll.  You hug it to your chest and carry it around so sweetly.  I am optimistic that you will be my little girly girl.  But don't worry, you make awesome car sounds when you pick up a car so Brother is teaching you well.  You are also obsessed with balls.  Maybe you will be my little softball player!  Your favorite toy has to be the push around car that you love to climb in and out of when we play outside.  You love to be outside and run up to the car as soon as we go out.  I even took it to get your pictures made this last weekend so I can remember how much you loved it.  I don't think your brother ever liked the car as much as you do!







Oh Lola!  You make our lives so wonderful.  Your brother lights up every morning when you come into his room to wake him up and you are my little shining light when my day is bad.  I love your smile and that silly way you look at me out of the side of your eye when you are acting coy.  I love that you run to the door when daddy and Tait come home and that you run to me as fast as you can (quite wobbly still sometimes) when I pick you up at daycare.  Lola you are our little bean and sprout up sunshine whenever you walk into the room.  We love you sweet girl!

Here are some pictures we have taken over the last couple of months:








No comments:

Post a Comment