Sunday, December 1, 2013

Advent Day One

Advent means the arrival of a notable person, event or thing.  As I sit here in a quiet house, I reflect on the words said this morning at church and await the arrival of those most significant in my life. Whether it is waiting on my wonderful husband to come home after taking our son on a date to an evening movie, waiting on my beautiful daughter to awake hungry or wanting cuddles, or waiting on Jesus Christ to arrive in the coming days to take us home; I am blessed.  I am blessed for all that I have and all that the Good Lord supplies for us. I love the excitement in my son's voice as he announces he will say our prayers at dinner. I love the look in his eyes when he asks questions about Jesus and Heaven. I love the way our family has grown closer over the last year in a time when we have been tested the most.  Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment