Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nicu Day 8-One Proud Momma!!!

Today was Lola's one week birthday!! And boy did she give me a great present. I got to nurse her for the first time. It started off a little tough, but the nurse got me a breast shield and she did great!!!! She didn't nurse long, but it shows how far she has come. Lets hope tomorrow she does even better.

She is under the lights right now because her bilirubin levels got a bit high. The drs said it is perfectly normal for a baby of her age. She has been borderline for the last few days, so I wasn't surprised when we were walking down the hall and saw the lights. I told baby girl that this was the last time she was allowed to tan! I have been calling her Jersey Shore Girl today. Let's just hope she doesn't act like Snooki when she grows up! Lola got her PIC line out today as well!! she was taken off of the lipids and LPNs and is on breast milk only. She did gain 1 oz from yesterday and was 4lb 5oz today. I could feel how tiny she really was when I was feeding her. I am not going to lie, the tiny girl made me a little nervous to hold or feed her. I am sure I will get over that in the days and weeks to come as I get more used to holding my tiny girl.

All-in-all, today was a great day and we are so proud of our Lola Bean. We are praying she will continue to grow and come home soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment