Monday, May 27, 2013

NICU Day 14

Today Lola moved to an open crib. So far she has done fine holding her temperature, after changing from a onesie to a sleeper. 

Our big issue remains to be eating. Yesterday, Lola took 4 full feeds. Today, no full feeds. My first feed she ate half and then was out. 3 hours later, baby girl would not even wake for a feed. It is so frustrating.  As soon as we think we are seeing an improvement, little girl gets too tired and doesn't cue for a feeding. I am at my wits end. I do not know what to do. 

Everyone says to be patient. Continue to trust in The Lord. But, when your family is torn apart, you can't just "be patient". Your heart hurts when you look back at the number of days you have spent in the hospital and the lingering question mark of how many more days you will remain. The fact that Nathan will be back at work before she is home kills me. He spent his entire "bonding time" at the hospital with his baby girl in a box. How fair is that to him?  How fair is the fact that Tait hasn't even met "his baby"?  NICU sucks!!!





1 comment:

  1. Hello! I saw your blog posted in a tweet by Kelly Stamps. Just wanted you to know that we are praying for your sweet Lola. My family has started a foundation called Hummingbird Foundation in honor of my niece Emry who was born weighing 1 lbs 3 oz (she is now two!) Anyways, we are here in Northwest Arkansas. Please let us know if we can do anything for your family! Our Facebook page is www.facebook.com/tinyhummingbirds

    ReplyDelete