Saturday, February 19, 2011

Captain Tait's Second Birthday Party

Captain Tait celebrated his second birthday today with a pirate birthday party. Yes, we go overboard. We know that we won't be able to do this every year, but we have so much fun celebrating this wonderful gift from God. Tait truly makes our lives complete and we like to take every chance to make him feel as special as he is in our eyes!

Here is how cute my two-year old looked. I can not believe he is two. He looks so big and grown up. This boy is such a cutie and is going to be trouble some day! I laughed at this picture because he is holding a football and a soccer ball...Tait is all about sports! It proves that boys are just wired different than girls from the very start! I do love to see his personality and what things he is into. In fact one of the mothers at the party said that she sees Tait run around constantly at daycare with a football. I guess he is the same at daycare and at home!

Here is our amazing cake. We got this from a local bakery called Shelby Lynn's. They do an AMAZING JOB!! The cake was delicious too. The bottom layer was white cake with strawberry filling, the second layer was chocolate with espresso filling (the best by far) and the top barrel was white with coconut. Kyle said we should have done Root Beer flavor for the barrel...ha ha!
I love this picture. Tait and Owen are having a little conversation.
Here is a picture of the ball pit. We got this on Amazon for $40 bucks! We filled it up with balls and the weather was nice enough that we got to put it outside for the kids to run wild. This summer I can hook it up to a water hose and the kids will go wild with the cannons that shoot water. I can't wait for the Memorial Day Bash!!!
We had so much fun celebrating Tait's second birthday. I know next year we will probably do Jump Zone or another place like that. My feet and back will thank me (ton of set up and clean up on this party), but I am a little sad that we won't be able to do as much for him in decorating. All in all we had a wonderful day and I am thankful for my little guy...now if I can just slow down this whole growing up thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment