Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010




Mother's day this year started off great! It is my second one with Tait, but he is much more active this year than he was last year at 3 months. He is also much more vocal and lets us know when he is not happy. He made sure to let me know he was not happy when I was wishing my mother a "Happy Mother's Day" and ended up taking a nap because of it. For some reason, Tait will not just lie down when he is tired. He fusses until I put him in bed and then falls asleep in under a minute. I guess he is just afraid he is going to miss the action if he stops.

Nathan started the morning letting me sleep in (and I woke up at 6:30am and couldn't sleep any longer. I guess Tait has trained me). Nathan and Tait went to Starbucks and got me a latte and some flowers. Then, Nathan came home and made me blueberry pancakes. They were yummy!

Tait took a bath later and enjoyed some bubbles!
I thought he looked so cute in this picture. A little Santa Claus in May. ha ha
Later Tait got into the guest bathroom and pulled a roll of toilete paper out. He tore all of the sheets off of the roll and Frank was fast behind eating the pieces of evidence. Tait didn't get away with it...he took the empty roll proudly to me to show me what he had done.
I bought Tait some cute golf clubs at Walmart the other day. He has been hitting things with them, so I thought we had better show him the right way to use them. (Please excuse the pictures. I was using my new flash and I am going to have to find out how to use it. It either blurs the background or causes the picture to be too bright. If you have any tips, I would welcome them. I have a Cannon). The picture below cracks me up. It is like he knows to carry the club on his shoulder after a shot. I guess men are born with the golf gene!
Below is Nathan teaching Tait how to use the club to hit the balls. He screamed after he missed the ball and threw a fit. (he has MY temper, Lord help us all)

After he threw a fit, Nathan started rubbing his back with the golf club. He was over the bad mood then...again, he IS my son!
I hope all of you guys had a wonderful Mother's Day and to all of my friends still waiting for their little ones, I am praying things will work out and hoping you get to enjoy a little one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment