Monday, April 26, 2010

Basketball


Tait and I decided to do Race for the Cure on Saturday. I was super excited. I even made Tait a shirt to wear since the smallest shirt I could buy was 2T. I knew it would just be Tait and I since Nathan had to work Friday night. I had a perfect day planned out in my head. First we would go to Starbucks, then do the walk, then shop the mall and look at all of the fun festivities they had planned. The day did not work out that way at all.

When we woke it was raining and dreary outside.
I was hopeful that the rain would let up, so I got Tait and I ready to head to the race. We dropped by Starbucks at first for coffee (a must) for me and a muffin (another must) for him. He was in a super good mood! After about 20 minutes, I realized the race was not in our cards.

We ran into our friend Fred at Starbucks and talked for awhile. I knew I couldn't go home because Tait would wake up Nathan and we couldn't go play outside. The funniest thing was that when I was getting ready to pack up and leave, I gave Tait the keys. He hightailed it for the door and turned to wave bye. This is super funny because Tait rarely waves. I thought it was because he hadn't figured it out yet, I guess he just doesn't wave all that much unless he has a reason.

After chasing down Tait and getting him in the car, we drove to the race. It had already started but I saw a bunch of tents set up and knew they were doing something special. They were also supposed to have some events going on, so I wanted to check them out. I went to the trunk to get the stroller and decided I just couldn't getTait out in the rain. I had no idea what I could do to kill time with a 14 month old in the rain. Last minute I decided to head to the mall in Fayetteville which is an inside mall. By the time I got there it was downpouring and I had to pee...rain or not!

All in all it was a fun day and Tait looked super cute in his Race for the Cure shirt.

Today Tait woke up with a HUGE scratch on his head. I am not sure if it was his nails or if he scratched it on a toy. When we got home from school today, he had a gift from his Pappy and Bunny. A Texas Tech Basketball! I didn't show it to him until after dinner, because I knew all he would want to do is play with it!! He loved it!
In fact he loved it so much, he went to bed with the basketball. When I left his room he was holding it, but by the time I got my phone to take a picture of the monitor he had fallen asleep. Little man had such a big day and such a wonderful week. Seeing the picture below warms my heart!
Well, that is all for now. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment